Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The right investing attitude, just like Kobe Bryant

If you are like me, it doesn't matter what you do, whether it would be sports, starting a business, scientific research, studying, or investing. The right attitude is important.

In terms of work ethics, one of the people I draw inspiration and drive is from Kobe Bryant.  How good is he?  His coach, said his work ethics even went past Michael Jordan, the all time legendary basketball player who has no match.

So, here is the secret sauce:  Phil Jackson quotes:

He pushes himself beyond what's reasonable

That is it!

Of course it there could be more.  But he constantly challenges himself and others around him by doing more than seems reasonable.  At his age, the average NBA player has long since retired and he is the only one still around and performing at an all-star level.

Next time you set yourself a goal, make it reasonable, then go beyond that 150%.  That is how you push yourself to beyond what is reasonable and find success in life.  If the average person does 3 practice exams, you do 5 exams for what you study.

That is what it means to excel at what you do.


Is it repeatable with someone else?  you bet your ass.

Ever heard of Klay Thompson?  neither did I until he got a huge contract extension.  Kobe quoted:

“It was late at night, and I went to the gym and lifted weights. I was in there by myself. I thought I was.”
Kobe on Klay: “I judge a player by that type of stuff.”

I went on to read more about Klay Thompson.  It so happens that Kobe was Klay's Idol when he was growing up and seems to have the same work ethic.  So it is repeatable and time tested.  

Klay recently got a 72 million dollar contract for playing in Golden State and he's only 23.









0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP