Thursday, June 18, 2009

Of Measat, Maxis, and Astro

This potential deal is interesting. Other sources have been decrying this report as total malarky, which I agree somewhat because the timing is premature. I mentioned three months ago that TM seemed extremely confident of its future and why not? They will be able to offer triple play services, broadband, phone, and tv in the next few years.


TM has this in mind as evidenced by some of the "combo" deals they have been offering of phone+internet.

Maxis could possibly compete better by offering phone+intenet deals, but I haven't seen them come up with anything of the sort. If they were to incorporate Astro, they would be able to offer phone+internet+TV and be on similar footing with TM, hence why I would think a merger would be possible. But again, I don't see their business model moving towards packages so I think the merger is speculation at this point.

Check back again if Maxis starts promoting combo deals such as what telekom is doing. If they go in that direction, I would say a merger is definitely possible.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP