Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I love the Edge newspaper but....

Unfortunately, the print edition of the Edge is no longer available due to the government putting a ban on the publication.  I, as a user is forced to use the website which has a lot of information, but just isn't for me.

The website is what I would call a disaster.  I'll outline the major problems with the site:

1.  Too cluttered with information.  I don't know what is important, what is not, what is international news, what is Malaysian news.  Some news has to do with commodities.  Some are unrelated.  Even the star business section does a better job of delivering relevant news items to the reader.  It feels like a site that just spams articles out.

2.  It's best part "In our Print Edition", near the bottom of the home page is updated too infrequently.  I actually wish this part was the main section, but alas, this is just a section that gets stepped on by the spam of unending, irrelevant news at the main section.  It gets updated by like 1-2 articles a day.  They should put more important news here.



3.  The news in the Market and corporate is another disaster.  These sections have all sorts of news.  some if it is useful, some aren't.  Some broker reports should be in a separate section as it isn't market or corporate news.  These two sections are just awful.  If it is an important broker report, please put it in an "important news section"

You could probably cut a lot of stuff out of the front of the website like personal wealth, opinion, news from our partners.  Honestly, I feel the site spams too much information.  I want relevant information like what was printed in the edge daily.

I find it hard to believe that this crappy model of the website could exist for so long.  It takes something like a ban of its printed publications to put the website in the spot light.  




0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP